Monday, January 17, 2011

Week 3 Dinner Menu

Even though this is only my second post, this is technically the third week of the year...and the third week of my menu planning. I contemplated posting the first two weekly menus - but decided against it. This is going to be a learning process for me, I'm sure. 

I have to say that I have been heavily influenced by television cooking shows this menu.  Here we go.

MONDAY: Veggie Pad Thai and BBQ Chicken Wings (for the huz).  I have to admit I am not a huge Sandra Lee fan, BUT I happened to be watching her on Saturday, and she made this recipe. I am a sucker for Thai food, and figured it would be worth a shot. She also made this ridiculous Thai iced tea cocktail that looked really good.  http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/sandra-lee/pad-thai-recipe/index.html

TUESDAYRock fish with Cucumber Salsa and Brown Rice.  I have recently discovered Cristina Ferrare's show on OWN (Oprah's network), and I'm really liking it. Now I have not tried any of her recipes, so this will be a first. Cristina's recipe is for sea bass, but I bought rock fish, and we will see how it works. I'm afraid the rock fish may be a little delicate - not as firm - but it's worth a shot (it was a great price at Roth's).
http://www.oprah.com/own-cristinas-big-bowl-of-love/Sea-Bass-and-Cucumber-Salsa-Recipe

WEDNESDAYSmoked Salmon Enchiladas with Sauteed Kale (warning I am LOVING kale right now).  This is actually a recipe that I have made up. If anyone really wants to know how I do it, just ask and I will share the "recipe."

THURSDAY:  The huz and I are heading to the beach for the weekend, so we will be dining out on Thursday. To be honest, if the huz wasn't so excited about going out to dinner we would probably be packing soup and sandwiches. We are planning on eating at the Hawk Creek Cafe, in Neskowin. It is one of our faves.

FRIDAY: Veggie Chicken Parmesan with Steamed Broccoli and Carrots (  I have had the Morningstar Farm "chicken" patties several times, but never in a million years would I have thought to do this. Again, this is a new recipe and I'm really excited to try it. With "fried chicken," marinara sauce, and lots of ooey gooey cheese, I know the huz will love it.
http://www.oprah.com/own-cristinas-big-bowl-of-love/Vegetarian-Chicken-Parmesan-Recipe

SATURDAY: Lemon Angel Hair Pasta with Fish/Seafood  I'm going to see what looks good locally and play it by ear. I figure any type of fish or seafood will go with Lemon Angel Hair Pasta. I'm sure I will saute some type of vegetable to go with this as well (probably kale :-)
 http://www.oprah.com/own-cristinas-big-bowl-of-love/Lemon-Angel-Hair-Pasta-Recipe

I will let you know how the recipes work, if we give them a thumbs up or down, and maybe even pictures. Now I've got to go make dinner! Have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. i have NEVER cooked with kale. I know, terrible. This week's recipes sound so good. You always inspire me!

    ReplyDelete