Sunday, January 30, 2011

Week 5 Dinner Menu

I'm ba-ack. Yes, it's the second post of the day, but it is the most important post for the week - The Menu. Now as I mentioned before, when your freezer looks like this...

The tree hugger in me really hates seeing all of this plastic. Oh my!

...you really need to build a menu around what you already have. 

As you can see, the top two contenders are the box of Morning Star Farms Grillers, and underneath that Hefty bag is a huge box of buffalo chicken meatballs that the huz found at Costco. There are also some pork loins, or some kind of chop in there, that I know my ever lovin' carnivore would love to have this week.

Seeing this treasure trove of frozen delights forced me to put on my thinking cap, and pull out my binder of collected recipes.  Because some of these recipes actually go back to 2003 (hold the gasp) I will have to manually type (stifle second gasp here) each recipe as the week progresses.  This little exercise will be really good because it will force me to [1] write in my blog each day and [2] allow me to review the recipe before I make it  (the huz would call that having a very "glass is half full" attitude by the way). Oh, and did I mention we have been having some crazy spring-like weather here, and I think the sun has put me in a salad kind of mood?

Monday: Burger/Griller on Roasted Garlic Bread with Bulgar Salad

Tuesday: Buffalo Chicken Meatballs/Prawns on Caesar Salad - presumably with the last of the roasted garlic bread

Wednesday: Pork Loin and White Bean Casserole, with a green salad

Thursday: Salmon with Soba Noodle Salad

Friday:  The famous "Chicken" Parmesan from Week 3.  The beauty of this is I have a container of frozen marinara from when I previously made this recipe, which means 3/4 of the work is already done.

Saturday: It's my birthday, no cooking for me. I see a restaurant in my future.

That's it. Tomorrow I will give you the recipe for the Bulgar Salad (don't make a face...it's really, really good).  Sweet dreams!

1 comment:

  1. you are so funny! i love that you are making the chicken parm again. i'm going to try it tonight. it looks super easy.
    we agree with about the weather also. we BBQ last night!
    also interested in that Bulgar Salad and I did make a face.

    ReplyDelete