Monday, January 31, 2011

Dinner is Served

Tonight we enjoyed burgers/grillers and bulgur salad.  To prove that the recipe is good I thought I would try to take a picture...

Mmmmmm, bulgur
Now that you have seen it, I know you can't wait for the recipe!

Bulgur Salad with Edamame and Cherry Tomatoes
---Cooking Light Magazine June 2009---
1 cup uncooked bulgur
1 cup boiling water
1 cup frozen shelled edamame
1 pound yellow and red cherry tomatoes, halved***
1 cup finely chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
1/3 cup finely chopped fresh mint (didn't have mint - but don't think I needed it)
2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill (used 1 teaspoon of dried dill instead)
1 cup chopped green onions
¼ cup fresh lemon juice
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon kosher salt
½ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
1.     Combine bulgur and 1 cup boiling water in a large bowl. Cover and let stand 1 hour or until bulgur is tender. (Mine was actually ready after 30 minutes)
2.    Cook edamame in boiling water 3 minutes or until crisp tender. Drain.
3.    Add edamame, tomatoes (peppers), and remaining ingredients to bulgur – toss well. Let stand at room temperature 1 hour before serving.
Yield: 6 servings
***there is a tomato hater in the house, so I jarred roasted red bell peppers instead
you know you want some!


I highly recommend this recipe. While the bulgur does it's thing you can get everything else put together.  I left the salad on the counter, while I went to the gym, and when I came home it was good to go. Very easy, and delicious.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment