Sunday, January 23, 2011

Week 4 Dinner Menu

First I have to give a quick shout out to the last two dinner items from last week. The huz proclaimed the lemon angel hair pasta "the best pasta ever." Coming from a man who does not consider pasta a meal - I'll take it. He even told me I need to make it again this week, so I will.  The veggie chicken parmesan was beyond words, so here's a picture...

Cheryl, you HAVE to make this!!!
I have to say I feel tremendous pressure this week because I'm not gonna lie, I nailed it last week. I feel like this week is going to be a little bit lighter and healthier perhaps, but should be equally tasty. Most of the recipes this week are from Real Simple magazine (I just received the February 2011 issue). Here we go:

Monday: Spinach Salad with Salmon, Barley, and Oranges. This is a new recipe (as most usually are for me). Typing the title it sounds pretty boring - BUT, we have this fantastic three cheese sourdough artisan bread that we need to eat up, and I thought this would be the perfect companion.
http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/browse-all-recipes/spinach-salad-with-salmon-barley-and-oranges-00000000051140/index.html

Tuesday: Sesame Noodles with Tofu, and Escarole with Leeks. I have made this recipe MANY times.  I love it.  The Escarole with Leeks is new, and of course I could not find escarole at the grocery store today, so I bought kale (have I mentioned I really like kale?)
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Sesame-Noodles/Detail.aspx
http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/browse-all-recipes/sauteed-escarole-leeks-00000000044579/index.html

Wednesday: Steak Fajitas with Sweet Potato and Poblano (refried beans and brown rice for me). I'm going to make a lot of brown rice, because it will be useful on Thursday. http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/browse-all-recipes/steak-fajitas-sweet-potato-00000000044696/index.html

Thursday: Asian Rice wth Vegetables Bowl with Eggs and Chile Sauce - the huz will be having chicken because he hates eggs. Ironic.
http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/browse-all-recipes/asian-rice-and-vegetable-bowl-with-eggs-and-chili-sauce-00000000051136/index.html

Friday: Veggie Chili with Veggie Burgers. I'm waffling between two chili recipes that I'm partial to - I'll keep you posted.

Saturday: Lemon Angel Hair Pasta (the same recipe from Week 3). Yes, it was that good. We had it with seared scallops, which we loved, but I would really like to try it with prawns. We will see what looks good this week.

Here's to the week ahead!

2 comments:

  1. me.veggie chicken parmesan.friday!
    nice picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. also, sounds like I need to make the lemon angel hair pasta too. if you repeated it already it must be good. (Course, everything you make sounds good.)

    ReplyDelete