Sunday, April 3, 2011

Week 14 Dinner Menu

Here we are. The first official full week of April. I am ready for spring.  Unfortunately I'm not sure that spring is ready for us.  The huz and I are heading out for some R & R later this week, but I planned our menu accordingly. I can't imagine NOT cooking!!!

Sunday: Chicken and Tofu Enchiladas, served over a spinach salad (yes, over a spinach salad. It works! How do I know? Because I just ate it.  Y-U-M

Monday: Asian Noodles with Chicken/Tofu and Veggies - Are you seeing a theme? Have you cracked the code?  I bought a rotisserie chicken today and am using it for the enchiladas on Sunday and the noodles on Monday. Oh...and I'm sure you'll be seeing it on Tuesday, too.

Tuesday: Chicken Sandwich (Morningstar "chicken" for me) and Coleslaw. Have I mentioned that I LOVE coleslaw? I'm not kidding. If coleslaw is an option as a side at at restaurant, I'm all over it.  Now, I'm not talking the drippy, soupy, saucy coleslaw you are probably familiar with. I'm talking crunchy slivered cabbage, carrots, red onion, maybe English cucumber and some type of refreshing vinaigrette.  My instant thought is to do an Asian style vinaigrette (rice vinegar, vegetable oil, soy sauce, sugar, etc.), but it could just be that I have the Asian noodles on my mind. We'll see what happens.

Wednesday: Vegetarian Ziti Gratin I'm almost cringing at the thought that I made this almost two months ago. My how time flies!  When I made this recipe I froze half of the ratatouille, which is the first component (you can read about that here).  We are traveling on Wednesday, so I figured this would be the perfect thing to pull out of the freezer, and complete the recipe at our destination. Easy peasy!

Thursday: Quinoa Salad and Burgers.  I really don't have much to say about that, other than this is a new recipe, and of course I'm modifying it. Fingers crossed. I just found quinoa at Costco this weekend (usually I buy it in bulk, as needed).  Since I now have a four pound bag, taking up valuable real estate in my pantry, I better start getting creative with quinoa. Hmmm, maybe that could be a week unto itself.

Friday: PIZZA. Can you say "date night?"

Saturday: Potatoes Au Gratin and Seafood in Foil.  Ever since I made those potatoes a few weeks ago, I have not stopped thinking about them. Sure, the days of slow cooked comfort foods are coming to a close as we embrace the early signs of spring, but I can't help myself. I NEED some creamy, cheesy potatoes. The second part of this dinner is actually inspired by a dining experience I had recently, where I had "shellfish in foil." The name says it all. I think I will do some type of white fish, scallops, and prawns, with lemon juice, broth/wine, butter, S/P, and fresh parsley. Again, that's just thinking off the top of my head, and now that I think about it, I'm not sure putting lemon juice in foil is a good thing - maybe I can hit it with lemon after it cooks. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment