Friday, April 8, 2011

Quinoa Salad???

Greetings and Salutations!!!  The huz and I are enjoying some fine rest and relaxation - and much of that I can attribute to my amazing dinner menu this week. Every meal  has been a winner     and it has been so nice cooking and enjoying wonderful food - prepared by me, of course!

Case in point:  Last night I prepared what I thought was a quinoa salad recipe, but really it was a quinoa side dish. Truth be told, I ate it as a salad today, so I think it goes both ways.  The huz gobbled it up along side his juicy hamburger, on three cheese sourdough bread (I even caught his nibbling out of the pan when we were doing the dishes). Not only healthy, and tasty, but huz approved for sure.

Salad or Sidedish?  It's delish either way
Quinoa Salad???

1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa
1/2 cups diced red onion
1/2 cup diced sundried tomotoes (yes, I'm still working on polishing off a jar)
3 cups slivered kale
1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
1/4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
1/2 lemon, juiced
salt and pepper

1.  Saute onion in a large non-stick skillet, over medium heat, two minutes.
2.  Add kale, and saute another minute.
3. Stir in quinoa, corn, and sundried tomatoes. Heat through.
4. Turn off burner and stir in lemon juice, parsley and salt and pepper to taste.
5. Eat!

Easy, right? For lunch today I added some sliced avocado and cooked shrimp meat. Delish.

Have a great Friday, and an even better Saturday!!!

1 comment:

  1. i had to google quinoa and i'm still not really sure what it is. your pic looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete