Tuesday, May 10, 2011

A Second Honeymoon


Well, I'm slowly returning to reality. The last bits of sand slowly finding their way out of my suitcase. We had a wonderful working vacation. Very relaxing. Great food. I think I actually grew gills from swimming everyday. I just can't get enough of the water there - pool or salt.


Speaking of not getting enough, I fell in love all over again during my time away. It's not what you are thinking. I have always been madly in love with the huz. Ever since the day I met him. He took my breath away.

No, this is a new love. A long lost love that came into my life unexpectedly in Maui, and will forever be a part of my life. His name is Hybrid Chardonnay.


Isn't he handsome?
 You see, as with any good wino, I began my wine drinking career with sweet, white wine. Riesling. Muscato. Gewurztraminer. You know what I'm talking about.

Then as my palette developed I moved into the Pinot Grigio's, Chardonnay, and in more recent years the Viogniers. BUT, there was a period of time, I'd say the last five years or so, where I really couldn't stomach the white wines anymore. I had finally progressed to the reds. As much as the movie Sideways gave grief to Merlot, I really did love me a good Merlot, and really, there isn't a Cabernet Sauvignon or Zinfandel that I don't fancy. I really prefer red over white - which is good for my heart, so they say. I find something very satisfying about a nice, chewy, fruity red. They are my fav.

So imagine my surprise when the huz and I went out for sushi last week, and I stumbled across this little Chardonnay. I figured it would be nice to have a white wine with all of the fish I would be consuming. It had me hook, line, and sinker.  Not only is this company all about sustainability (my middle name by the way), this wine is FANTASTIC!!!

This is the actual description from their website:
"Our "naked" unoaked style of Chardonnay is enhanced with a brush of Viognier, to showcase the tropical notes of fresh pineapple and kiwi. A short smooth mid palate is complimented with a clean slightly acid finish. A wonderful wine that can be enjoyed as an apertif or with numerous fish or poultry dishes. "

#1 - I hate oaky Chardonnay. That's probably why I don't like Chardonnay most of the time. I prefer a steel cask any day.

#2 - I had NO IDEA that it was a blend. Viognier and Chardonnay???? OMG!!! Brilliant.

Needless to say when we went out to eat on Sunday night, and I saw Hybrid on the wine menu, I had to have it. Now I will am on a quest. I will be diligently searching for this wine this weekend, and hope to be sharing it with family and friends soon. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment