Monday, February 14, 2011

Week 7 Dinner Menu

Even though it is Valentine's Day, I'm not going to shower you with roses and chocolates.  I'm really tired, and trying my best to not fall asleep on the sofa. It doesn't mean I you don't mean the world to me, because you do. You really do. Happy Valentine's Day!


SundaySteak (Mmmmm steak ;-), baked potatoes (now you’re talking) and roasted veggies.  Since it is Monday I can tell you we had this for dinner last night and I think the huz liked steak and potato night.  I love baked potatoes, but never have them because the huz doesn’t really consider a potato a meal.  So, what is the universal secret women possess to get unwilling men and reluctant children to eat something they don’t like? Cover it in cheese. And butter. And a special sour cream mixed with chipotle sauce.  And diced green onions. He ate the whole thing!
the perfect dinner

MondayRoasted Red Pepper Soup and Panini Sandwiches.  I love roasted red pepper soup. It is one of the few “processed” foods I will buy.  There is a great one out there, the name escapes me, but it’s delish. Well in going through my notebook of recipes I found a recipe for Roasted Red Pepper soup. I made it tonight (I will blog more about this tomorrow), and all I can say is I don’t think I will ever have to buy the carton of soup again. Amen.
TuesdayChili Pasta Bake with green salad.  That’s all I’ve got to say about that.
WednesdaySalmon with Bistro Rice Blend and Kale (even the huz is really digging kale these days)
ThursdayKung Pao Scallops. Saturday the huz took me to Marco Polo for lunch, since we ate in everyday last week. The huz enjoyed some Kung Pao Beef, while I had some delicious stir fried noodles with veggies and fake chicken. Note: If you are vegetarian and anywhere near Salem, Oregon, I highly recommend Marco Polo. They have an entire vegetarian menu. Anyways, we were so inspired by our lunches that I decided I wanted to try and make Kung Pao sauce. I’m on the hunt. I’ve never made Kung Pao before. The huz requested scallops. We’ll see how it goes.
FridayBurritos.  Sounds really boring doesn’t it? Look, in my defense this is going to be a long work week for me. Plus I’m coming down with a cold. And it’s raining.  And I’m tired. Um, I think that’s enough excuses, right? Actually, I’m going to kick it up a notch by using buffalo chicken meatballs (yes, I’m still pulling these out of the freezer) to create something shall we say “unconventional” for the huz.
SaturdayMinestrone Soup with some wicked bread. I think we are heading to the beach to dine on some good old fashioned fried fish and chips for my dad’s birthday lunch and I want to cook something that will counteract all of that greasy deliciousness, when we come home.  Beautiful veggies simmering in a clear broth outta do it.  I can feel the minestrone clearing my arteries now.

No comments:

Post a Comment