Sunday, March 6, 2011

Week 10 Dinner Menu

Here we are, Week 10. My how time flies.  As I was out of town for a couple days, I was hoping to get inspired as I rifled through the stacks of magazines I packed. No such luck. I did pull one recipe, which intrigued the huz as well, so it made the cut, but otherwise coming up with my menu this week was no easy feat. The huz and I collaborated on the drive home this morning, and I have to say I am quite pleased with our duet.

Sunday: Chicken and Vegetarian Enchiladas with Steamed Veggies
Monday: Paninis and Creamy Broccoli Soup. The soup is the one new recipe I found this weekend, and any excuse I get to use to break out my Cuisinart Griddler, I'm all over it.
Tuesday: Thai Chicken and Tofu Wraps. You are going to love the peanut sauce recipe.
Wednesday: Grilled Salmon Salad.  This suggestion came from the huz.  Grilled Salmon Salad is one of his favorite dinners at one of our local restaurants, and I just happen to have some salmon in the freezer. I love cleaning out that freezer!
Thursday: Vegetarian Chili
Friday: Homemade Pizza. I'm going to try the dough recipe I made last week, but this time I am using bread flour, to see if it truly makes a thinner, crispier crust.
Saturday: Wild Card. We could either be dining out, eating leftovers, or visiting relatives on Saturday, so I'm leaving this open.

On a completely separate note, you will be happy to know that we only had to dine out one night last week (I made the Brown Rice Salad and packed it for dinner on Thursday), which for me was awesome. We went out for lunch and dinner on Friday though (the huz's birthday), and I know he really appreciated it.  Unfortunately, the Brown Rice Salad isn't worth writing home about, therefore I am not sharing the recipe with you. It is headed for the recycling bin as I type. It was fine - I've been eating it for lunch the past two days - but just not worth sharing. You deserve better than "fine." Trust me, I have some gems for you this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment