Thursday, March 10, 2011

Thai Chicken/Tofu Wraps

Tuesday night we had Thai Chicken/Tofu Wraps. Really what makes this recipe is the sauce. You could pretty much put anything in a wrap and eat it, as long as you have this sauce. I have shared this recipe with several people and it all boils down to the sauce. Are you hearing me? It's the sauce.

Because it's all about the sauce (I think I hear a drinking game coming out of this post), I'm not even going to bother you with a "wrap recipe."  I will tell you that I used these fabulous tortillas though.


The funny thing is I could care less that they are "100 calories." Lord knows I love my carbs. I just love these tortillas. I found them by accident when I bought a soft taco size, and right now this is my favorite brand of tortillas. I've had every variety that I can find, and have loved them all.

Our wraps essentially boiled down to: warm tortilla, warm chicken/tofu (left over from Sunday night's dinner), equal parts coleslaw mix and spinach, thinly sliced red onion and peanut sauce...oh, and a hit of Sriracha because we love some heat in our house.  Super easy.  Super tasty. I even packed a wrap for my lunch on Wednesday, ate it cold no less, and it was better than anything I could have bought off the street. We had miso soup and shelled edamame on the side, and it was a perfect dinner.

Thai Tofu Wrap

Now that I have sufficiently used the word sauce more times than I can count, here she is. Be warned, once you make this, you are going to make it again, again, and again.

Thai Peanut Sauce
Yields 6 servings

1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter (although I have used chunky as well)
3 tablespoons soy sauce
3 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons cooking oil
1 teaspoon minced garlic

Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan.  Heat until sugar is dissolved, stirring frequently.

That's it. Seriously. It's gonna be the best thing you ever had.

No comments:

Post a Comment